Prudence Island Organizations Summer Events Updates 2021
Prudence Improvement Association
- Friday Night Bingo has returned to the PIA! Every Friday at 8:00 PM. For more information on how to play visit their website.
- Kids Movie Night is every Wednesday at 7 PM. Social distancing guidelines will be in place.
- Kids Bingo is every Tuesday from 7 PM to 8 PM. The snack shack will be open with ice cream treats.
- There will be no Chowder and Stuffie cookoff this year but there will be a Spaghetti Dinner with raffles and dancing held on July 10th. Tickets on sale now.
- The PYO Craft Fair will be held on July 17th 9 AM to noon. Interested vendors should contact the PIA at PIA.email@example.com
- The Members Sunset Cruise is back on for August 7th. Tickets will go on sale on July 6th.
- Chicken and Ribs BBQ will be held August 28th! Tickets go on sale July 6th.
Prudence Island Volunteer Fire Department
- The Prudence Island 4th of July Parade will be held on Sunday July 4th. The parade steps off from the corner of Madison and Daniels Ave at 10:30 AM.
- Blood Pressure Clinic: July 21st 8:15 to 10:00 AM
- The Fireman’s Fair is back on at the PIA on August 21st! Follow the Fire Dept on facebook for updates
Prudence Conservancy & Farnham Farm Trustees
- The Farnham Farm camps are back on for summer 2021! Please pre-register children for camps. Contact Katey via text/call at 401-633-5628 to register your child for camp.
- Monday Camp: Run in cooperation with NBNERR. Free! Every Monday starting June 28th from 9 – 11 AM. (Exception for August 16th, which is a special evening camp 7:30 to 9 PM).
- Wednesday Farm Camp: Every Wednesday starting June 30th from 9 – 11 AM at the Farnham Farm. $15/child
- Thursday Giant Pumpkin Camp: Free! Every Thursday starting June 24th from 9 to 10:30 AM at the Farnham Farm.
- The Community Garden is open.
- Berry picking will be open! Dates and times will be shared when the berries are ready.
Prudence Island Historical & Preservation Society
- The PIHPS Museum is open! Hours are Saturdays Noon – 2:00 PM & Sundays 1:00 – 3:00 PM
Homestead Improvement Association & Library
- The Prudence Island Library is now open. Monday – Friday from 10:00 AM to noon.
- Children’s Story Hour will be held on Tuesday’s at 10:00 AM.
- There will be a silent auction supporting the Homestead Improvement Association at the Craft Fair at the PIA on July 17th.
- The annual Ham and Bean Supper has been cancelled.
- “The Little PI Library” out by the street in front of the library is open and stocked with books to borrow for all ages. Please return after reading.
Prudence Island School Foundation
- Summer camps have been cancelled for 2021.
- Prime Rib & Stuffed Chicken Dinner Fundraiser! July 31st 5:00 – 7:00 PM. Limited seating so please purchase tickets in advance by contacting Roybn at 508-802-1694.
Narragansett Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve
- The Lab & Learning Center as well as the Estuary Education Shed are open weekdays 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Weekend hours vary by week, check the schedule posted at each building.
- Family Nature Programs are free and available for all ages on July 1st, 8th, 12th, 22nd and 26th. Contact Catherine.Wessel.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to register.
- The Annual Sustainable Fishing Contest is on for 2021! The contest will be held at the T-Wharf on August 22nd from 11 AM to 1:00 PM.